While in our care we respect your right to:
- Privacy and the maintenance of personal dignity.
- To be treated with consideration and care.
- Expect all communication & written records pertaining to your care to be treated as confidential by medical and other clinical staff.
- A clear, concise & understandable explanation by the doctor of your condition, procedure, possible side effects and any associated risks.
- Receive from the doctor any information necessary to give informed consent prior to the start of any procedure.
- Ask for a second opinion about your propped treatment. This may be impractical in an emergency situation.
- Withdraw consent & refuse further treatment at any time.
- Receive an explanation of all costs pertaining to your procedure & accommodation during your stay.
- Be informed by the doctor and the clinic, of any requirements for continuing health care, following discharge.
- Know the identity & professional status of individuals involved your care.
- Information about the clinics mechanism for the initiation, review & resolution of the patients concerns & complaints.
- Resources & support for patients with special needs will be provided where possible.
- To be able to gain access to your own information.
- To know that nameless information is gathered for government & clinical statistics.
- Incidents where the law requires that particular information be collected & reported for public health & safety.
While in our care you have the responsibility to:
- Provide accurate & complete information about your current symptoms, past illnesses, hospitalisation, medications & other matters relating to your health.
- Indicate if you do not understand your proposed treatment & expected outcome.
- Follow the agreed treatment plan recommended by the doctor.
- Be considerate of the rights of other patients & hospital staff.
- Provide accurate details of your Medicare and/or private health insurance.
- Respect the property of other persons and the clinic.
- Accept the consequences if you refuse treatment or do not follow your doctors instructions.
- Arrange home care with a responsible adult for 24 hours following discharge from the clinic.
- Arrange suitable transport home (preferably not public transport or walking), after your operation or procedure.